2009/05/15

My breakfast. PoliXena


Morning, dear friends. This is my (almost) everyday breakfast: a nice and big cup of tea -with some milk and sugar-, a couple of toast with butter and sometimes a kiwi.

This is what I eat when I wake up but here we use to have a "second" breakfast at noon... it can be something like a a sandwich, an omelette or a piece of cake and any sort of beverage: natural fruit juices, coffe or tea or even a coke. It´s a kind of snack and if you have it too late it becomes an appetizer wich is usually salty: maybe some olives, cheese, serrano ham and a glass of wine or a beer. But I have it when I´m outside (working, shopping or so on), if I´m at home -like today, I have a free day- I have just a second tea with some biscuits. We eat a lot... I know ;) Have a nice friday, take care and be happy. X. xx

6 comments:

  1. yummy!!!i'm curious of this appetizer!! here in italy we don't use it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh it sounds tasty :)) great photo :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dear Lilli, here we use to eat something we call "tapas", they are small plates that can be anything: fish, meat, seafood, vegetables... you can find anywhere and we use to eat anytime, specially between formal meals, yet a meal can be a lot of this small plates also... so sometimes when I want to have my second breakfast if is a bit late I can have one of this small plates instead of a sandwich and a coffee. It´s an old -fantastic- tradition. Hugs, PoliXena

    ReplyDelete
  4. must be really really good!!!!:P

    ReplyDelete
  5. Xena: I LOVE your photograph!!! You are an amazing talent both on Poly and in your photos! Your breakfast looks yummy and you have captured it so artfully! Hugs, Gwyn

    ReplyDelete
  6. Xena, it´s so good learned about your country,I don´t know nothing about them... For God we haven´t small plates here... but our appetizer are the same! Tell more about your country!!!!! Kisses, Cris

    ReplyDelete