2009/05/19
Beware Copy Cat by jangold
A strange thing happened to me earlier. I had picked my Fav of the Day set off my group and went to PM the person who had won today and the set had been added to one of her collections. When I saw the collection front pic showing on the bottom of the set I was Fav of the Daying, it was one of mine !! There was very little difference in it. So I have asked her respectfully to remove the set. I am now suspicious of her other sets - she has low favs and one other set at least was very similar to mine. If you want to check her out it is JellybabyGirl and the set she copied is http://www.polyvore.com/new_shoes/set?id=5515421 (my set) and her's is http://www.polyvore.com/new_shoes/set?id=6416288 I am only telling you so to be aware and check your own sets, but also I had problems on Styleshake also where people would do this and because there was no date stamp on the models/sets (only an order to follow) it was very easy to copy someone and then start a major campaign against them claiming the person copied was the copycat and this happened to a number of us on Styleshake til we all left. Jan
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Jan:
ReplyDeleteThank you so much for the heads up on this. I still feel incredulous that anyone would COPY sets. How can they get any creative satisfaction from that at all? Weird. Good thing you noticed it and confronted her!!
I really don´t understand why someone do this...
ReplyDeletethe similarity is soooooo unbelievable, she has copied everything. I can't understand why anyone woudl want to do this. Whats teh point of copying someone elses set, when polyvore should be a creative outlet for your own ideas. It makes me very upset and I am glad you found out. I will be vigilant in checking that noone copies mine as well.
ReplyDeleteoh i'm sorry to hear that!!! thanks for sharing!
ReplyDelete