2009/06/02

Santa Claus In The Spring


Here is a favorite little corner of my garden.
The clematis vine (left) is Nelly Moser. She's in full bloom now.
On the shelf are a collection of peony and clematis flowers.
That little garland of Santas is part of my folk art collection.
I keep my Santas out all year. My husband thinks I am crazy.
Why should we hide Santa away for 50 weeks of the year
and not have his jolly presence?! - love, Gwyn

7 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree - in the UK we don't normally have as many country style items as you do on the other side of the pond so I agree - let Santa be out all year round - start the campaign - 'Free the North Pole One' !! Jan

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh dear, your garden must be really dreamy! Well, I agree with you about the Santas: I usually sing "Jingle Bells" all year long and it makes always my friend smile and feel happy ;-P

    ReplyDelete
  4. Christmas is a state of mind, isn´t it? And why not celebrate it in all seasons?! Only someone with a sensitive spirit can keep Santa out in the spring!!!! Kisses

    ReplyDelete
  5. Precious and great idea, every Christmas when I take off my Christmas decoration I left something, just a tiny detail to remind my the sanctity of life... there lot of them around my house... as Cris said Christmas is a state of mind. Next time I´ll post some of them. Thanks for sharing, dear, your garden is precious Xena. xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. ohh my Gywn i adore you little corner and the clematis are gorgeous

    ReplyDelete
  7. I would love to see everyone's Christmas things! :)
    Love, Gwyn

    ReplyDelete